How Does Smoking Affect Your Mouth Bacteria?
uBiome is launching a ground-breaking study investigating the effects of tobacco smoking on the mouth’s microbial make-up.
If you are a smoker, ex-smoker, or non-smoker:
- Join the uBiome Smoking study to get a detailed analysis of your mouth bacteria
- Help advance research into how the oral microbiome is affected by smoking
- Get a FREE uBiome mouth kit (first 500 only - Update: FREE KITS ARE SOLD OUT! You can still get your smoking study mouth kit for $89.)
Results from the study will be used to advance research, and findings will be shared with the public. Please join us today.
How it works
We'll send you a home sampling kit that takes less than 2 minutes to use (and is not gross). It's super easy!
Our lab uses cutting-edge next generation DNA sequencing technology to identify your bacteria.
uBiome will share findings about the microbiome and smoking, to help research go faster.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible to participate if:
- 1. You smoke, used to smoke, or have never smoked.
- 2. You are 18 years of age or older
- 3. You are willing to answer survey questions about your smoking behaviors.
What happens next?
After ordering, we’ll send your kit straight to you. Collect your sample with a quick swab, and mail it back to us in the prepaid envelope. We will keep you posted on the results!
Thank you (and your bacteria) so much for being part of this study.