WELCOME TO THE UBIOME BABY STUDY!
Join the study today and help to uncover the mysteries of the baby microbiome!
Your baby’s microbiome starts developing at birth and could have an influence over their long-term development and wellbeing. As a mom, your microbiome will help populate your baby with the billions of microbes that will help support their growing body. By participating as a pregnant woman or parent, you can help us learn about the microbes in your baby, what they do, where they came from and how they change over time as your baby grows.
Who can participate?
- Pregnant women in their 3rd trimester
- Babies under 2.5 years at first sample (Must be enrolled by a legal guardian)
- Mothers of enrolled babies
- Participants must live in United States
Which kits should I choose?
You can pick from four ways to participate in this study.
Baby Gut KitThis kit includes 6 baby guts samples. This will help us study how the baby microbiome changes over time. You can start collecting at any age up to 2.5 years old.
Pregnancy Vaginal Kit + Baby Gut KitThis bundle includes 1 vaginal sample + 6 baby gut samples. This will help us see how the microbiome is transferred from you to your baby during birth and into the first 6 months of life.
Mom Gut Kit + Baby Gut KitThis bundle includes 6 mom gut samples + 6 baby gut samples, so you can sample yourself right alongside your baby. This will help us see how your microbiome influences your growing baby. You can start collecting at any age up to 2.5 years old.
Pregnancy Vaginal Kit + Mom Gut Kit + Baby Gut KitThis bundle includes all three kits, including 1 vaginal sample + 6 mom gut samples + 6 baby gut samples. This will help us understand how your microbiome is passed onto your baby from birth and into the first 6 months of life.
How it works
Choose your kit or kit bundle and sample at home using our easy sample collection kits!
Register your samples each time you collect and complete a short survey online using the link we send.
Send us your samples and our lab will use next generation sequencing to identify your bacteria so we can share our findings with you!
When do I collect my sample?
- If you are pregnant women, collect your vaginal sample in your 3rd trimester, ideally week 35 - 37.
- If you are the parent of an enrolled baby, you can start collecting a gut sample from your baby once a month for 6 months as soon as your kit arrives.
- If you are an enrolled mother, you can start collecting your own gut sample once a month for 6 months, right alongside your baby.